Reform Austin (RA) was created to inform Texans about politics and politicians. We produce high-quality investigative reporting from a network of local correspondents to engage readers about what goes on behind the doors of our state Capitol through our daily news site, RA News.
RA News is dedicated to increasing transparency regarding the use of public money and the policies that shape everyday life in Texas. We provide independent reporting for a better Texas and are focused on long-form, investigative and enterprise stories.
We believe that a story doesn’t always have to be written to be effective. We embrace a multi-platform, digital-first, engagement-driven approach to journalism for all audiences. RA produces weekly newscasts and converses with Texans through our channel PinkDome TV.
RA News Authors
RA News Opinion Authors
Guidelines for Reuse of RA News editorial, video and graphic content
There is no fee for republishing RA News editorial, video and graphic content, but we do kindly ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
- Please give us credit. This can be accomplished by mentioning that the material was originally published by RA News.
- Please do not edit the piece other than making minor changes to adhere to your publication’s preferred style guide.
- Please include all of the hyperlinks from the original article.
- If simply mentioning an RA News article or using a quote from an RA News story, please provide proper attribution and a hyperlink to the original content. Ideally, it would read something along the lines of: “according to RA News,” or “as Joe Six Pack was quoted as saying by RA News.”
- Our videos are also free to use, but again, please give us credit by mentioning the content came from RA News. Do not edit our videos in any way.
- We also ask for credit when using our original graphics. This can be accomplished by the inclusion of a credit line that reads: “Graphic by RA News.”
- If posting our content on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, please tag us. @ReformAustin is our handle on all three platforms.
- Do not sell RA News content.
- Do not place ads using RA News content.
Do you have a sticky situation that isn’t addressed here? Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.