Reform Austin (RA) was created to inform Texans about politics and politicians. We produce high-quality investigative reporting and news analysis from a network of local correspondents to engage readers about what goes on behind the doors of our state Capitol through our daily news site, Reform Austin News.
Reform Austin is dedicated to increasing public awareness regarding the use of tax dollars and the policies that shape everyday life in Texas. We provide independent reporting for a better Texas and are focused on long-form, investigative and enterprise stories.
We believe that a story doesn’t always have to be written to be effective. We embrace a multi-platform, digital-first, engagement-driven approach to journalism for all audiences.
At RA we pride ourselves on using cutting-edge technology to deliver timely and accurate news content. Our platform utilizes both written and video AI technology to ensure that our readers and viewers have access to the latest news. We are committed to delivering high-quality news content that is reliable, informative, and accessible to all.
Reform Austin Managing Editor
Writer, editor, photographer and editorial cartoonist Nick Anderson has joined the Reform Austin newsroom, where he will employ the artistic skill and political insights that earned a Pulitzer Prize to drive coverage of Texas government.
As managing editor, Anderson is responsible for guiding Reform Austin’s efforts to give readers the unfiltered facts they need to hold Texas leaders accountable. Anderson’s original cartoons will be a regular feature on RA News.
Check out Nick’s latest work.
Reform Austin Authors
Reform Austin Opinion Authors
Guidelines for Reuse of Reform Austin editorial, video and graphic content
There is no fee for republishing most Reform Austin editorial, video and graphic content. However, political cartoons are republished on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com for permission.
- Please give us credit. This can be accomplished by mentioning that the material was originally published by Reform Austin.
- Please do not edit the piece other than making minor changes to adhere to your publication’s preferred style guide.
- Please include all of the hyperlinks from the original article.
- If simply mentioning an Reform Austin article or using a quote from an RA News story, please provide proper attribution and a hyperlink to the original content. Ideally, it would read something along the lines of: “according to Reform Austin ,” or “as Joe Six Pack was quoted as saying by Reform Austin.”
- Our videos are also free to use, but again, please give us credit by mentioning the content came from Reform Austin. Do not edit our videos in any way.
- We also ask for credit when using our original graphics. This can be accomplished by the inclusion of a credit line that reads: “Graphic by Reform Austin.”
- If posting our content on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, please tag us. @ranewstx is our handle on all three platforms.
- Do not sell Reform Austin content.
- Do not place ads using Reform Austin content.
Do you have a sticky situation that isn’t addressed here? Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.